The iPhone is a pretty intuitive machine. Apple's blend of style and technology was meant to be an easy to use smart phone. If my mom can figure hers out then you know it had to be an easy learning curve. By the time I figured out my iPhone I started getting into the new apps and all of the fun that has to offer. So in the process I guess I missed some easy tips and tricks that can greatly increase the functionality of the iPhone. You may know these and think I'm slow for even blogging about them but a lot of people probably don't know about them. While some of these may or may not be new to you it never hurts to review some basic shortcuts.
In no particular order here are some iPhone tips and tricks you should be using on a daily basis:
- Scroll to the Top: If you've been looking at a long web page and need to get back to the top and don't want to wear out your already tender finger muscles then just give a simple tap on the status bar at the top of your screen and it takes you right to the top.
- Screenshots: If you want to take a screenshot on your phone press the home and sleep buttons at the same time. You'll hear a click and the screen will go white for a sec. The screenshot will then appear in your photos section.
- Saving a photo from Safari: If surfing the www and you come across a picture of that prudish girl in high school who apparently let her college boyfriend take some pictures that "no one else would ever see" simply press and hold on the pic until you are presented with the option to save it. Now you can easily email it to all of your friends and let the hilarity ensue.
- Fun with ear buds: This is a pretty easy one but if you don't use the ear buds a lot then you might not know it. The iPhone ear buds have a small microphone where the wires split and this little box can also control your phone. Press it once to fire up the ol' iPod, press it again o pause and press it twice to skip to the next song. This allows you to easily control the flow of music without taking the iPhone out of your pocket or arm band holder.
- Easy Email Delete: This is one I just learned and absolutely love! When reading emails instead of deleting them the old fashion way simply swipe across the email (like you are crossing something off a list) and the red delete button will appear. Pretty sweet, right?
There are some of my favorite tips and tricks for the iPhone. What's yours?
Photo Credits: Wesley Fryer
- The Best iPhone Money Apps Apple's iPhone is more than just another cell phone; as...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.This post involves:
apps, daily basis, finger muscles, functionality, gadget, iPhone, learning curve, little bit, machine apple, mom, new toy, photos section, safari, screenshot, shortcuts, sleep, smart phone, tap, Tips and Tricks, typical man... and focuses on:
Next: Black Friday Not as Cool as Apple Expected